This month on Dev Branch we talked about building a static website using both WordPress and not WordPress. We dove as deep as we could in 30 minutes and discuss Gatsby, GraphQL, the infusion of cash with Strattic and using tools like WPGraphQL. We touched on ecommerce with BigCommerce, Commercelayer and we learned what a DX is.
This episode is sponsored by ServerPress makers of DesktopSever check them out over at serverpress.com
- Stackbit App
- WP2Static – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
- Shifter – The Static Site Generator for WordPress
- Strattic – Convert your WordPress site to static in one click.
- Gatsby Cloud: The best way to build and maintain Gatsby sites
- netlify.com – The fastest way to build the fastest sites
- wpgraphql.com – GraphQL API for WordPress
- Strattic raises $6.5M to bring static WordPress to the masses
- The Future of Commerce Is Yours | BigCommerce
- Build Enterprise Ecommerce on the JAMstack | Commerce Layer
- What is DX? (Developer Experience)
“So, how did you learn HTML and CSS?”
”Oh, we used to look at the source code of sites a lot, you know. View source FTW!”
— Matthias Ott (@m_ott) February 28, 2020
Editor’s Note: Transcriptions of episodes are created with a mix of speech recognition software and human transcribers, and may contain some grammatical errors or slight deviations from the audio.