This week on WPwatercooler we discuss WordPress forcing updates on the older version of the software. We compare and contrast this to web hosts doing these sorts of things and what the future may hold for updates of this nature.
'Hell yeah, I think it's good.' @boogah Click To Tweet
'My opinion is changing because the WordPress rollout schedule has been changing. ...You're talking about sites that are run by non-technical people. They may not know what to do or have the resources to fix it.' @Zengy Click To Tweet
'In my opinion, this should be between the hosting companies and site owners, not WordPress and site owners.' @emanweb Click To Tweet
Show Topics and Further Reading
- WordPress team working on daring plan to forcibly update old websites
- Computer trespass
- Proposal: Auto-Update Old Versions to 4.7
- Tools to backup and upgrade WordPress installations
- Statistics | WordPress.org
- Mysterious iOS Attack Changes Everything We Know About iPhone Hacking
- News – WordPress 3.7 “Basie” – WordPress.org
- Plugin Detective – Troubleshooting – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Join us on the next episode of WPwatercooler by visiting our Participant guidelines page.