Join us weekly on WPwatercooler or participate in our lively chat room!
No more pre planned topics
- We’ve discussed everything 3 or for times over
- We went less structured (look at us!)
- We use to not talk about the show during the preshow
- Were going back to our roots and discuss things on the fly, gather around the virtual watercooler
- Be more off the cuff
- We’re all for “joke equality”
- Learn how you can sponsor us here
WordCamp Orange County Plugin-a-palooza
- Amazing prizes
- First Place – $3,000 cash and 1 Sucuri Business (VIP) license
- Second Place – $1,500 cash and 1 Sucuri Business (VIP) license
- Third Place – $500 cash
- There is an awesome history of great plugins that have been made for Plugin-a-palooza: WP Rollback
- Be one of 10 teams to pitch their plugin idea before March 5th to be added to the competition
- Teams can be 1-3 participants.
- Each participant can only be part of one team in the competition.
- Each team must build their own plugin.
- Your plugin must be GPL compliant.
- Your plugin be accepted into the WordPress repository by May 18.
- Submit early!
- Existing plugins are ineligible.
- Eligible plugins will be developed between March 5 and May 18.
- All teams will present their plugins at WordCamp OC on June 10.
- WordCamp Lancaster is looking for do a dry afterparty, “The Maxx” like Save by the Bell
- Beer is allowed, but isn’t provided
- Sé wants an ice cream soda fountain
- Rethinking the afterparty we all think is an awesome idea.
- WordPress turned 10 and OC WordPress threw an amazing party!
- WordCamp OC 2017 did a Sunday (Sundae) Social
- What about the unconsumed booze?
- Freeing up some of that money can be used elsewhere
- WordCamp OC hands our ticket, first come first serve to blow them out quickly
WordCamp Lancaster looking into subtitling or captioning the talks live
- 2 track event may be $200ish, George will report back
- A grant may be in place for this.
- Day of action
Editor’s Note: Transcriptions of episodes are created with a mix of speech recognition software and human transcribers, and may contain some grammatical errors or slight deviations from the audio.